Sunday, January 13, 2008

The numbers game -- and other refinements

Judge William Edward Gomolinski (campaign website) called my attention yesterday to the additional candidate statements linked on Cook County Clerk David Orr's website. If you follow that link, you'll come to a long page, starting with the presidential candidates. Any live link will take you to that candidate's statement.

A lot of candidates have not taken advantage of the opportunity to post statements on the Clerk's site -- but, for example, all but one Democratic candidate for the Water Reclamation District has provided a statement.

Here are links to all the judicial candidates who have statements linked on the County Clerk's page (I would hope that they will also want to post these statements here, but of course that's up to them): Lauretta Higgins Wolfson, Maureen Ward Kirby, Thomas J. Byrne, John J. "Jack" Murphy, Maureen H. Masterson-Pulia, Mauro Glorioso, and Gerald Patrick Cleary.

In addition to Judge Gomolinski, three candidates have statements on this blog and on the County Clerk's site. They are Eileen O'Neill Burke (Clerk's site), Donna L. Cooper (Clerk's site), and Michael B. Hyman (Clerk's site).

Judge Hyman also wrote in with another suggestion: He suggested I start using ballot numbers because "it is much easier for many voters to know the ballot number of their candidates than try to remember names and vacancies." In response to Judge Hyman's suggestion, I've updated my sample ballot page to include every candidate's ballot number. I have cribbed shamelessly from the Cook County Clerk's website in an effort to provide this information; if I've made any errors, I trust that the parties concerned would let me know about it.

No comments: