Saturday, January 12, 2008

Filling in some more of the Alliance "grid"

Judge William Edward Gomolinski, candidate for the Shultz vacancy in the 4th Judicial Subcircuit that he now holds pursuant to Supreme Court appointment (and whose "in their own words" post appears just beneath), wrote today to call my attention to the fact that he has in fact received a "Recommended" rating from the Women's Bar Association of Illinois; he was kind enough, in fact, to scan and send a copy of the letter he received from the WBAI in this regard.

I am certain he is not alone in having a rating omitted. The Alliance rushed the results it could compile into table form and published them yesterday because early voting starts Monday. There will be revised grids -- and when these become available, I will post them here.

I didn't have Judge Gomolinski's campaign website before today; now that I have it, I have added it to the list of candidate websites in the Sidebar. I have seen one more candidate campaign website which I've not posted because it is still under construction -- but apparently there may be more than I knew. If you know of one I've missed, please send me an email.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best way for the bar associations' ratings to be relevant is for the candidates to include the ratings in their literature. I was interviewed by the Alliance in mid-October. I still do not have all of the ratings. Some of the people interviewed at the same time I was have all of their ratings. I know the Alliance has a monumental job evaluating all of the candidates. I also know that many people rely on the Alliance when they vote. However, the relevance of the evaluations is greatly diminished the longer it takes to complete the process.