Saturday, January 12, 2008

Thomas Flannigan: In his own words

Thomas Flannigan is a Democratic candidate for the Devlin vacancy in the 12th Judicial Subcircuit.

There are three reasons voters should vote for me: Experience, integrity, and diligence.

I have worked in a law firm or a government agency ever since I graduated college in 1974. Starting out as a law clerk, I learned the court system from the bottom up. I have appeared in courts great and small, from Traffic Court to the U.S. Court of Appeals. In all, I have appeared in court more than two thousand times. I have tried a variety of cases to verdict, including child custody, employment discrimination, insurance fraud, arson, and landlord-tenant and shareholder disputes. My professional experience ranges from working at a large LaSalle Street firm to one of the largest law firms in Japan, to running my own law office today. I have clerked for a justice of the Illinois Supreme Court and have taught as an Adjunct Professor of Law at DePaul University .

My record of ethical integrity is unblemished. I have never been sued or been the subject of an investigation concerning my professional conduct. I am the only candidate on the ballot who refuses to take campaign contributions. My grassroots campaign is completely self-financed. I am beholden only to justice.

Finally, I have worked hard my entire life and will continue to do so if elected. I have worked many jobs, from dishwasher to the United Parcel Service, while earning degrees from Boston College, the University of Chicago, and DePaul University’s College of Law.

For more details about my experience, please visit my website, www.tomforjudge.com.

No comments: