Thursday, January 17, 2008

"Illinois Voter's Guide" on line -- but there are problems

An outfit called the Illinois Campaign for Political Reform has posted a "Voter's Guide" for the upcoming primary.

I saw a reference to it this morning on the this link from Business Wire.

When you click on the Illinois Voter's Guide, you are taken to a very professional-looking page, the highlight of which is a map of the State of Illinois. Click on any county and you'd be taken to the appropriate circuit.

I clicked on Cook County and got to the page you'll get to also, if you'll follow that link.

But as you scroll down the page, you'll find candidates in the wrong races, candidates omitted, and candidates who have withdrawn.

But -- and here's the good news -- the site is being updated even as I write this. During my ride to the office this morning, several corrections were made to the site -- although more are needed.

I will update this.

-----------------------------------------------
Oh, yes, about the Sidlowski post, wherein I said I'd mention where on the Internet I'd found reference to the site: The site information and the photo came from the Illinois Voter's Guide site. But the photo isn't on the candidate's site.

No comments: