Monday, January 28, 2008

Frank James Ryan: In his own words

Frank James Ryan is a candidate for the countywide Murphy vacancy.

Judges must make decisions on issues like minor traffic violations, drunken driving, drug cases, civil lawsuits, violent crimes, divorce and family matters. The citizens demand that, good, competent, fair and honest people serve as our Judges. That is why I want to serve as a Judge and represent the public interest.

I was raised in Chicago and learned the values of hard work and dedication that are so much a part of our proud community. These values gave me the foundation that I needed to succeed in the legal profession.

I attended Northern Illinois University and The John Marshall Law School, in Chicago. For the last 27 years, I gained valuable experience practicing in all areas of the law representing hard-working men, women and families.

I have served as a Village Prosecutor, worked as a Cook County Arbitrator and volunteered to provide free legal services at the Markham Courthouse.

I am associated with the Illinois, Chicago, Will and South Suburban Bar Associations. I have served on a variety of local community boards and am active in St Alexander's Parish in Palos Heights. Being the father of three children, one born deaf, has taught me patience and perseverance to overcome many obstacles. Strong family values are extremely important to me.

I am confident that my dedication, hard working values and experience give me the skills to be a competent, honest and effective Judge. I pledge to treat people fairly and with respect. Previously, the Illinois State Bar Association Standing Committee on Judicial Evaluations and the Asian American Bar Association have found me "Recommended" or "Qualified" for the office of Judge of the Circuit Court of Cook County. The Chicago Bar Association and the Northwest Suburban Bar Association have found me "Qualified" to serve as a Judge of the Circuit Court.

For more detailed information please visit www.votefrankryan.com. I would appreciate your support in the Democratic primary election on February 5.

Thank you.

FRANK JAMES RYAN
Punch #96

P.S. In my race, I am the candidate with the most courtroom and trial experience!

No comments: