Monday, January 28, 2008

Stephen F. Sidlowski: In his own words

Stephen F. Sidlowski is a candidate for the Kowalski vacancy in the 10th Judicial Subcircuit.

First, I want to thank the voters of the 10th Subcircuit. Over the past few months, I've had the HONOR of meeting/talking with HUNDREDS of you about many subjects, who I am, and why I'm asking to serve you as Judge.

We've met at many churches, stores, and community gatherings I've visited throughout the North/Northwest Side and Northwest Suburbs. I've truly ENJOYED meeting you and hearing your concerns! With utmost respect to you, I now humbly seek your vote... because I AM the BEST choice in this race.

I've been an attorney and PUBLIC SERVANT for nearly 19 years -- with an impeccable reputation for INTEGRITY, HARD WORK, and COMMITMENT to "doing the right thing" throughout my career. For years, I've handled THOUSANDS of complex cases in my various professional positions, ALL of which I approach consistently -- with diligence, thoroughness, and dedication to doing whatever it takes to resolve the matter in a way which demands JUSTICE be accomplished.

As a former Assistant Public Guardian and Supervisory/Lead Trial Attorney, I fought for the best interest of THOUSANDS of abused and neglected children in CHILD PROTECTION Court.

In my next role--as the 1st-Ever in the Nation "Professional Fitness Review Administrator" (for the Archdiocese of Chicago)--I was confronted with the awesome responsibility of investigating, removing, and supervising priests with credible allegations of sexual abuse involving minors. It was a daunting challenge.

Nevertheless, I was one of the primary architects of a Program which became the MODEL for Church Dioceses throughout the United States!

And in the midst of my administration of this TRAILBLAZING Program, the Church throughout AMERICA was rocked with the allegation of a scandal which threatened to shake the very foundations of the Church and its' millions of churchgoers...the late and HIGHLY-REVERED Cardinal Joseph Bernardin himself was accused of past sexual abuse of a minor!

While many were shell-shocked and terrified about the implications...I ACTED -- with calm and JUSTICE. I had only 24 hours to determine if the safety of children demanded the Cardinal's immediate removal from ministry.

I "made the call,"...indeed, what time would prove was the RIGHT decision, when months later a suddenly-relieved Church--and Public--learned the accuser altogether recanted his allegation as false....

Next, I labored for 11 years as a Child Protection Hearing Officer for our Circuit Court's Chief Judge's Office to make over 22,000 MORE correct recommendations in the best interest of troubled children/families. Recently, I've EXPANDED my breadth of legal experience in completing highly important projects for Judges from EVERY DIVSION of the Circuit Court in the Chief Judge Office's Legal Research Division....

I'm proud of my Endorsements -- including from outstanding Public Servants -- Lieutenant Governor PAT QUINN and (former) Public Guardian (now Judge) PATRICK T. MURPHY-- among other Organizations.

The BEST Judge is someone who tells it like it is. In me, you'll ALWAYS have a "Straightshooter." I believe true integrity demands that you SAY what you MEAN and MEAN what you SAY...I humbly request your vote!

No comments: