Monday, January 14, 2008

John M. Allegretti: In his own words

John M. Allegretti is a Democratic candidate for the Shultz vacancy in the 4th Judicial Subcircuit.

I am John Allegretti, a judicial candidate, and I am asking for your VOTE (#109). I am a local resident who went to Fenwick High School and the University of Illinois. My wife Shannon “Hoban” Allegretti went to Trinity High School and we have been together for over 24 years, married over 13 years and have two great children.

I am the best candidate because I have integrity, freedom from bias, experience, and a history of community service. I have significant legal experience as a Judicial Hearing Officer for the Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board, an Assistant State’s Attorney at the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office, General Counsel at the Cook County Assessor’s Office and a private practitioner. I have litigated, tried and presided over thousands of cases since 1995. I have also briefed and argued cases for the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals and the Illinois Appellate Court resulting in legal precedent.

QUALIFIED

I have worked hard in the public and private sectors and I have the proven track record to be a great judge.

I have submitted my credentials to the most respected legal bar and professional associations for an objective evaluation and investigation of my candidacy for judge and they have found as follows:

CHICAGO BAR ASSOCIATION finds me “QUALIFIED” and notes “Mr. Allegretti is hardworking and possesses all the requisite qualifications to serve as a Circuit Court Judge.”

ITALIAN AMERICAN POLITICAL COALITION finds me “RECOMMENDED” and endorses me.

ILLINOIS STATE BAR ASSOCIATION finds me “QUALIFIED”.

THE CHICAGO COUNCIL OF LAWYERS finds me “QUALIFIED”.

WOMAN’S BAR ASSOCIATION OF ILLINOIS finds me “RECOMMENDED”.

PUERTO RICAN BAR ASSOCIATION OF ILLINOIS finds me “RECOMMENDED”.

ASIAN AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION finds me “QUALIFIED” (HIGHEST RATING).

LESBIAN AND GAY BAR ASSOCIATION OF CHICAGO finds me “RECOMMENDED”.

DECALOGUE SOCIETY OF LAWYERS finds me “RECOMMENDED”.

INTEGRITY

I have earned a reputation of unquestionable integrity by demonstrating competence, patience, respect and courtesy when presiding over property tax appeal hearings, trying cases, and counseling clients.

OBJECTIVITY and FAIRNESS

As one of nine children, my parents taught me the lessons of objectivity and impartiality. They withheld judgment and listened to each of us before dispensing advice, answering questions or administering punishment. I have learned to listen to both sides of a story, treat individuals fairly, and withhold judgment until I have all the information to make an informed decision.

HARD WORK and MANAGEMENT SKILLS

Through hard manual labor, determination and time management, I was able to pay for college and law school.

COMPASSION

I have compassion, which is the most important attribute for a judge and also the hardest to measure and evaluate. I have a passionate desire do what is fair between the parties within the limits of the law.

CONCLUSION

I am asking you to vote for me (#109) because I am the best candidate for the judge in the 4th Judicial Subcircuit. I will work hard every day to make you proud and maintain your faith and trust in the judiciary.

Sincerely,

John M. Allegretti

(For more information see www.allegrettiforjudge.com). THANK YOU.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello John,
You wouldn't by chance be the same John that worked at the O'hare Marriott with your brother Steve?
My first management job with Marriott was as a desk manager there with the 2 brothers.
Hope you are elected!
Bill Underdown