Saturday, January 12, 2008

William Edward Gomolinski: In his own words

William Edward Gomolinski is a Democratic candidate for the Shultz vacancy in the 4th Judicial Subcircuit.

On July 23, 2007, the Illinois Supreme Court chose me to be Your Judge of the Circuit Court of Cook County for the 4th Judicial Sub-Circuit and I am currently assigned to the Municipal Department at the Daley Center. Since becoming a Judge, I have presided over many thousands of cases, including nearly one hundred trials and contested hearings, and have developed a reputation with those who appear before me as a capable and fair jurist. I have worked hard to provide justice to those before me, with compassion and understanding, while at the same time maintaining the rule of law to protect society from those who would endanger us.

Prior to being appointed as a Judge, I spent 21 years in the private practice of law serving our local district. People come to see lawyers because they need help or guidance during their life, whether it is for a simple real estate closing or a complicated business transaction. I have always been there for people to count on. I have touched thousands of lives, providing legal services and friendship to those in need. Dealing with real people over the past 21 years made me particularly well qualified for my judicial appointment and to be elected to continue to be a Judge.

I have been married for 19 years to my wife Joyce, with whom I have raised our three children (ages 16, 14 and 12). My life and legal experience, as well as my on-the-job experience as a Judge, make me well suited to be elected to continue serving as Your Judge for the 4th judicial Sub-Circuit.

In fact, the Chicago Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee, the Illinois State Bar Association and the Chicago Council of Lawyers have all reviewed my credentials and experience and found me to be “QUALIFIED” to serve as a Judge of the Circuit Court of Cook County. Similarly, the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois, the Cook County Bar Association, the Asian American Bar Association, the Decalogue Society of Lawyers, the Black Women Lawyers’ Association and the Lesbian and Gay Bar Association of Chicago have found me to be “RECOMMENDED” to be a Judge of the Circuit Court and the Puerto Rican Bar Association has found me to be “HIGHLY RECOMMENDED” to be a Judge of the Circuit Court.

I am the only candidate with Judicial Experience. To find out more why the Illinois Supreme Court CHOSE me to be YOUR Judge of the Circuit Court for the 4th Judicial Sub-Circuit, go to www.judgegomolinski.com.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Gomolinski is the only candidate with judicial experience because he was appointed to the position 6 months ago by the Cook County Democratic Party, the body that appointed Todd Stroger to take his father's place as the candidate for county board president. This is like Todd Stroger saying in the next election, "Vote for me, I'm the only candidate with presidential experience." I'll take a pass.

Oh, and how much have all those mailings cost? Certainly more than the $17,000 you've disclosed on your A-1's.

Jack Leyhane said...

Anon -- The Supreme Court appoints persons to fill judicial vacancies.

Anonymous said...

William Gomolinski has more character than all the other canidates combined !

go Bill !

Anonymous said...

If character was measured by an obscene number of pointless mailings and political signs in public parkways, then I would agree. Unfortunately for Mr. Gomolinski, it isn't. Character and Mr. Gomolinski have never met. There are four other fine judicial candidates for the Schulz vacancy with qualifications and integrity. Do the Illinois Justice system a favor, vote for one of them.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Gomolinski lost votes in my household because he is a pest. He has invaded my email inbox, my home mailbox, polluted my neighborhood with far too many signs, and the last straw was placing his signs on my property without my permission. I don't care about his qualifications, but his lack of respect for others people over his desire for office is excuse enough for me to vote for other people.

Anonymous said...

I have hired Bill Gomolinski as an attorney. I found him to be very compassionate and fair. Not like most lawyers I have met. I think he is a good man and knows the law extremely well. I would rather have an expert attorney as a judge than an expert politician. If it means I have a little extra mail or email, so be it. It's about time we have a real person for a judge.