Monday, June 13, 2022

Chloe Georgianna Pedersen: In her own words

Chloe Georgianna Pedersen is a candidate for the Rogers vacancy in the 4th Judicial Subcircuit. Her punch number is 194.
Dear Voters,

I’m Chloé G. Pedersen and I’m running for Judge in Cook County’s 4th Subcircuit, Rogers Vacancy. My Ballot/Punch No. is 194. I’m a wife and the mother of two. I was born and raised in the western suburbs so the 4th Subcircuit is quite familiar to me. I currently live in Riverside with my family. I have a strong passion for my community and the people in it. In recognition of my service to making our communities better places for women, girls, families and all people facing adversity, I have been endorsed by the Chicago Chapter of the National Organization for Women, and LGBTQ Impact.

I am honored to have been found Qualified/Recommended by all 13 of the Bar Associations that rate candidates including: Illinois State Bar Association, Chicago Bar Association, Cook County Bar Association, Chicago Council of Lawyers, The Decalogue Society, Hellenic Bar Association, Arab American Bar Association, Asian American Bar Association, Puerto Rican Bar Association, Women’s Bar Association, Black Women Lawyer’s Association, the Lesbian and Gay Bar Association, and the Hispanic Lawyers association of Illinois. I’ve also been found to meet the standards set by the Illinois Alliance for Reentry & Justice (ILARJ) judging my independence and commitment to justice.

If elected to the bench, I’ll be a champion of fair and equal justice. I will adhere to and apply the rule of law fairly to all who come before me. I will seek to apply generational justice in the courtroom -- for today and for the future. Based on my years of service championing mental health care, including my time as a Commissioner for the Proviso Township Mental Health Commission, I have a particular commitment to ensuring that the judicial system institutes practices that acknowledge the needs of those appearing before the court, including those who struggle with mental health challenges.

I am an equity Partner with the Chicago based law firm of Fletcher & Sippel LLC, where I concentrate on complex civil litigation and manage the firm’s Labor and Employment practice representing individuals and employers nationwide in a full range of labor and employment matters. I have nearly 15 years of extensive courtroom experience in both public and private practice, and have represented a wide range of clients in both the prosecution and defense of complex litigation matters in state and federal courts (including appellate courts) across the country. In addition to litigation advocacy, I have counseled my clients in collective bargaining issues and related arbitrations. I also serve on various public law boards managing case dockets and adjudicating claims.

My dedicated service to the legal profession includes serving on the Board of Governors and the Assembly for the Illinois State Bar Association and the Board of the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois where I pioneered its Lawyer-to-Lawyer Mentoring Program. I have also served as a member of the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism’s Mentor Expansion Committee and as Vice-Chair of the Human Resources Committee of the American Short Line & Regional Railroad Association’s (ASLRRA). My community and legal service have shaped my legal career, as well as my leadership and management skills.

I received my B.S. in Commerce (Marketing/Finance) from DePaul University and my J.D. from DePaul University College of Law.

I am asking for your vote because you deserve a qualified, well-rounded judge, with actual experience in the courtroom. You deserve a hard-working judge with a demonstrated ability to be independent – both of which are needed to fairly address the complex and critical issues judges must decide. The 4th subcircuit is a diverse community – economically, racially, and generationally. My balanced legal practice has shown I can understand both sides of a legal argument and apply the law appropriately with a strong sense of fairness and sensitivity to the impact the decision will have – not just today, but for the future. Justice handed down in my courtroom will be fair and measured – but tough in accordance with the law.

Learn more about my values, background, and qualifications at www.ChloeForJudge.com. Thank you for your consideration and I humbly ask for your support in the upcoming Democratic Primary. Early voting begins June 13 and election day is June 28th.

With gratitude,


Chloé G. Pedersen

No comments: