Monday, January 04, 2010

Jeffrey Greenspan: In his own words

Jeffrey Greenspan is a candidate for the "A" vacancy in Cook County's 9th Judicial Subcircuit.

In this election, the voters of the 9th judicial sub-circuit have the oppourtunity to select for judge a member of their community, Jeffrey Dov Greenspan. I have served the community in many capacities and am an experienced and well qualified lawyer. I have over 30 years of legal experience in litigation, local government, real estate and energy law. For a complete description of my background and experience go to: www.greenspanforjudge.com.

Working for CorLands and The Trust for Public Land, I acquired hundreds of acres of land for parks and open space throughout Northern Illinois. I am a former Assistant Corporation Counsel for the Village of Skokie and Attorney for the Village of Lincolnwood and the Skokie Park District. I represented the Village of Skokie in all litigation. I served as the Village prosecutor for Skokie, Lincolnwood and Hainseville and worked as a Cook County Public Defender. As an attorney for the Governor’s Office of Consumer Services, I represented consumers in utility rate cases where I advocated for energy conservation as the most cost effective way to meet our energy needs.

Serving my community, I have been committed to education, youth programs, the environment and the arts. I serve as a Niles Township High School District 219 Board member for over 10 years. I was chair of the Niles Township Committee on Youth and was the founder of TRY (Township Reach out to Youth). I am a member of the Northern Illinois Regional Water Planning Supply Group. I recently joined the local USGBC schools committee as District 219 seeks to be one of the first school districts in Illinois to LEED certify its existing buildings. I am a member of the board of the North Shore Center for the Performing Arts, home of Centreast, Northlight and the Skokie Valley Symphony.

I have a B.S. in Economics from the College of Commerce at the University of Illinois and a J.D. from IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law. I grew up and live in Skokie, with my wife Eleanor and our four children, Eva, Michael, Jered and Jason.

With my broad experience, I will be a judge that is knowledgeable, thoughtful and one who will be fair and impartial. I can serve with an understanding of the community in which I live. I plan to oversee that any court to which I may be assigned operates efficiently and with the proper decorum. I would insure all attorneys and parties to conduct themselves with civility.

No comments: