Friday, January 04, 2008

James Edward Snyder: In his own words

James Edward Snyder is a candidate for the Kowalski vacancy in the 10th Judicial Subcircuit.

I was appointed a Judge of the Circuit Court of Cook County by the Illinois Supreme Court in March 2007. Serving as a judge has been the greatest privilege of my career.

Cook County is more than just a bit of geography, it is a remarkably complex and beautiful community. I am entirely committed to serving the people of our county with hard work and compassion.

I have served as judge for both civil and criminal trials – In both bench trials and jury trials. In all cases the people of county deserve fair, impartial and efficient court service.

For nearly 20 years prior to becoming a judge I worked as an advocate for communities and people. Recently I served as General Counsel of the Illinois Human Rights Commission, the state-wide agency that enforces fair-employment, anti-discrimination, anti-sexual harassment, and handicap access laws in Illinois.

I have been found qualified/recommended by all 11 area bar associations, and am the endorsed candidate for both the Cook County Democratic Party and the Independent Voters of Illinois (IVI-IPO).

I try everyday to be the best judge that I can be: To be fair, to know the law, and to treat the people who appear in court with respect. It touches my heart each day, and I hope to continue serving.

My opponents in the current election are each distinguished and honorable attorneys. I hope to have the public's permission to continuing serving. I respectfully request your vote in the Democratic Primary, on February 5, 2008.

More information about my work as an attorney and evaluations of my service as a judge can be found at my website: www.JudgeSnyder.com. Thank you for your consideration of my candidacy.

No comments: