Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Carmen Kathleen Aguilar: In her own words

Carmen Kathleen Aguilar is a Democratic candidate for the Shultz vacancy in the 4th Judicial Subcircuit.


Dear Voters,

I am asking for your vote on February 5th of this year. I have been an Assistant State's Attorney here in Cook County for 17 years. I have earned an excellent reputation among judges, fellow prosecutors and defense attorneys for being extremely hardworking, fair, skilled and dedicated. I have extensive jury, bench, appellate and civil post-conviction litigation and research experience. I have become well versed in new scientific techniques such as DNA analysis while convicting murderers, rapists, and pedophiles. I have tried almost every kind of case you can imagine, including the trial and conviction of a serial killer last year. I am the lucky mother of three magnificent boys 6, 5 and 1, and married to, Steven Klaczynski, an equally hard-working attorney whom I met and fell in love with at the State's Attorney's Office 17 years ago.

I have been found "highly recommended", "recommended" or "qualified" by every bar association that has evaluated me including the Chicago Bar Association which stated, "Ms. Aguilar has extensive trial experience and is well respected for her fine temperament, knowledge of the law, and legal experience." As a judge, I will work equally hard to apply the law fairly and efficiently. I will strive to remain up to date on the law and to never undermine the confidence of the public.

Thank you for taking the time to read about my qualifications.

Sincerely,

Carmen Kathleen Aguilar

No comments: