Thursday, March 05, 2020

CBA Symphony Orchestra and Chorus to perform "Bohemian Rhapsody" March 11



I realize that this gives me away as an uncultured lowbrow, but I couldn't help it: This video was the first thing I thought of when I saw the above headline on a Chicago Bar Association press release yesterday.

For the record, the CBA Barrister's Big Band will open the Wednesday, March 11 program (starting at 7:30 p.m. at St. James Cathedral, at Wabash and Huron) with a performance of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody," but Gonzo, Rolf, Animal, Dr. Teeth et al. will not be involved.

After that, the program will feature the best of Bohemia from Czech composers, with musical selections performed by the CBA Symphony Orchestra and Chorus including “Overture to the Bartered Bride” by Smetana, “Piano Concerto in E Minor” by Chopin, and “Czech Suite” by Dvorak.

The CBA Symphony Orchestra and Chorus and the CBA Barristers Big Band are comprised of Chicago-area attorneys, judges and law students who are also talented musicians, many of them classically trained.

Tickets are $15 for adults, $12 for students, and $20 at the door. Advance tickets are available at https://cbasorhapsody.bpt.me/.

---------------------------------------------------------
Programming Note: Just as it is crunch time for candidates, it is crunch time for FWIW as I try to put together the Organizing the Data posts. I have one more Alliance grid update to post but, after that, posting other than Organizing the Data posts will be sporadic until that project is complete. Thank you for your patience.

No comments: