Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Debra B. Walker unseats Judge Thaddeus L. Wilson in race for the Montelione vacancy

Judge Wilson was appointed by the Supreme Court and slated by the Democratic Party, but it looks like Clausen Miller partner Debra B. Walker, a former President of the Women's Bar Association of Illinois, has prevailed in this three way race. These are the City numbers as of 10:24 p.m.:

DEM - Judge of the Circuit Court (Vacancy of Montelione)
2298 out of 2579 precincts (89.10 %)

Debra B. Walker217,17554.85 %
Thaddeus L. Wilson118,93430.04 %
Thomas A. Doran59,80615.11 %

These are the latest suburban numbers:

DEM - Circuit Court Judge Full Circuit (Montelione)
Precincts Counted: 1,987 of 2,290 (86.77%)
CandidatesVotes%
Debra B. Walker152,35356.78%
Thaddeus L. Wilson64,08423.89%
Thomas A. Doran51,86319.33%

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth... I respect Judge Walker for her position as a judge but not as a fair judge. Today she made me feel small because I'm a person bring a child domestic case to her. I went to file paper to request removal of my child (papers that the clerk office gave me to fill out when I told them why I was there). I can't afford an attorney so I did the best I could. My son's father changes jobs just moved back to chicago after his wife left him. Now he is unemployeed and wants to force my hand to get back with him. I'm a hard worker and i work over time to provide for our son so I lean on my mother to help watch him. Am I a bad person? I see his little face everyday and stay in contact with his teachers via email. Now i have to give his father $3 dollars to pick up his son. It's not the money but the priciple. I pay for remainder orthopedic shoe inserts, vision and dental that my medical insurance does not cover. Yes fathers have rights and my son see's his father every other weekend and every holiday. I don't put my son in issues that me and his father have. I ask the courts to be fair and hear both parties and not look at me as another disgruntal black woman. I never ask for an increase in pay. Just fairness for my child. His father loves him for being a boy; his only male child. Fathers have rights and so does my son. I put his first. His safety and well being. Be fair and listen to both parties and not assume that I'm and apple and he's an orange. I love my son and he deserve the best from both parents. Dig deeper before decision are made. My son had home work to do over an weekend. His father told me that he will do it when he comes back home to me. Was that fair for my son. Is it fair for my son to go with his father to file child support papers. That leaves me to explain to him what childsupport means. Kids should remain innocent as long as possible. I fight for my child and the courts pat the fathers on the back. My son loves his father and I teach him that as well as tell him that his dad loves him. People lose compassion when they aren't wearing the shoes of others. My son father use to beat me but I never let what happen between him and i get in the way of him and our son. The courts reward sometime daddys but i'm and always mom. I'm not mad but hurt that everyone aren't looked at closely. Thank you for taking the time to read PART of my story.