Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Scott McKenna: In his own words

Scott McKenna is a candidate for the Zelezinski vacancy in the 15th Subcircuit. His punch number is 155.


I am running for Cook County Judge in the 15th Sub-circuit (Zelezinski vacancy), comprising much of the south and southwest suburbs. I am endorsed by the Mayors of Crestwood, Oak Forest and Steger, as well as State Rep. John Connor. I have been a civil trial attorney for the past 21 years, representing both plaintiffs and defendants. I have been a partner at the 22-attorney civil law firm of Best Vanderlaan & Harrington for the past 12 years. I have tried over 25 cases, most before juries as a first chair and most of them victories for my clients. I have been the lead attorney on 12 appeals, 11 of which have been victories for my client and one of which is pending. I am versed in the rules of evidence and the practical requirements and challenges that face trial attorneys and their clients. I have had organizational and administrative responsibilities within my practice for the past 12+ years (attorney development, CLE coordination, attorney hiring) that have trained me to be an excellent courtroom manager so that lawyers can operate efficiently and effectively for their clients. I have been named a “Leading Lawyer” by Law Bulletin Media in both 2016 and 2017. I have been rated as Qualified or Recommended by all bar groups that have done such ratings.

I believe all of my clients and opponents would agree that I have represented my clients zealously but with a great degree of professionalism and competency. To earn the privilege of being elected judge, and ensuring that all litigants and attorneys are treated fairly under the law, is something I have desired for some time and serves as the highest calling in my professional career. I feel that I have been endowed with the temperament and experience to be an outstanding judge that will help lawyers and parties to litigate and try their cases efficiently, always with an eye toward common sense and practicality, but also while holding lawyers and parties accountable to the rules of procedure and evidence. I believe my range and depth of experience in litigation and trial practice makes me uniquely qualified in my race to preside over a courtroom as judge.

------------------------------------------------------------
Click here to return to Organizing the Data: 15th Subcircuit - Zelezinski Vacancy

No comments: