In a not-yet-posted decision entered earlier this week, the Cook County Officers Electoral Board sustained objections to the nominating petitions of countywide judicial hopeful Lisa A. Copland. The Illinois State Board of Elections website confirms that, pending any court action, Copland has been removed from the March 20 primary ballot.
The Electoral Board's action leaves three candidates in the race for the countywide Brewer vacancy, Judge Oran F. Whiting (who holds the seat pursuant to Supreme Court appointment), Assistant Public Defender Kathryn Maloney Vahey, and Assistant State's Attorney John Maher. That's a link to Maher's campaign website in the preceding sentence; a link has been added to the blog Sidebar. (I didn't find Maher's campaign website until this morning.)
Eisenhower on the glaring deficiencies of citizen education... in the years
before World War II
-
I have to set this up, but I'll be quick.
I recently finished Jonathan W. Jordan's *Ike and Winston*, and it
rekindled my interest in reading Eisenhower's...
14 hours ago

1 comment:
Paid circulators strike again. Jett? Victory? Which one was it?
Post a Comment