Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Elizabeth "Beth" Ryan: In her own words

Elizabth "Beth" Ryan is a candidate for the countywide Ingram vacancy. Her punch number is 173.
My name is Elizabeth “Beth” Ryan and I am running for judge in the Circuit Court of Cook County. I am the only candidate in my race that has been found qualified and/or recommended by all thirteen bar associations because I have spent my entire legal career in the courtroom as a trial lawyer. The Chicago Council of Lawyers stated that, “Ms. Ryan is considered to have a good legal ability and temperament. She is praised for litigation skills and has substantial experience in more complex matters. The Council finds her Qualified for the circuit court.”

In addition to have been found qualified and/or recommended by all thirteen bar associations, I am honored to have the endorsements from the following organizations: Chicago Firefighters Union, Plumbers Union, Local 130, Carpenters Union, Operating Engineers, Local 150, Iron Workers, Local 1, the United Hellenic Voters of America, the Italian Police Association, Chicago NOW PAC and Personal PAC. I have the support and endorsements from many elected officials including Alderman and Committeeman Matt O’Shea, Alderman Sam Nugent, Committeewoman Lucy Moog, Alderman and Committeeman Ariel Reboyras, Alderman Chris Taliaferro as well as State Representatives John D’Amico (ret), Kelly Burke and Fran Hurley. (Additional endorsements listed on campaign website at Ryanforjudge.com)

My legal career started nineteen years ago as a judicial clerk in the Chancery Division of Cook County writing memorandum opinions in complex civil cases. Since that time, I have been a trial attorney advocating on behalf of the mentally ill, injured and disabled.

On a personal note, I grew up on the South Side of Chicago and currently live on the Northwest Side of Chicago with my husband and four daughters. I am a graduate of Mother McAuley High School, University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign and DePaul College of Law. I spend my spare time coaching girls basketball, cheer and I served on the school board at Queen of All Saints Elementary School.

I want to become a judge to ensure that all individuals that appear in my courtroom receive the respect they deserve and walk away feeling as though they received a fair and reasonable result.

No comments: