Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Campaign website found for Pat Casey


The first thing one notices about the new Pat Casey campaign website (8th Subcircuit, Gordon vacancy) is that it does not have any pictures of the candidate. That's a link to the campaign website in the preceding sentence; a link has been added to this site's Sidebar.

Other campaign websites carry at least one picture of the candidate; most are chock full of pictures of the candidate alone, of the candidate and his or her family, and/or of the candidate and various persons who could be coaxed into standing still long enough for a picture. In this high-powered smart-phone era, one needn't stand still for long....

I do not criticize, obviously. How could I? I myself have a face made for radio. Which, by the way, should not be taken as any sort of backhanded disparagement of this candidate's appearance. Again, how could I? I don't know what the candidate looks like.

I do know the new campaign website contains this carefully-worded campaign bio:
I am a resident of the 3rd Ward in the City of Chicago and I have the support of the Hon. Pat Dowell, 3rd Ward Alderman and Committeeperson.

I am active in the community and with professional organizations. I am a longtime supporter of Misericordia, where a family member is a resident. I am a member of the Chicago Bar Association, and American Bar Association. I have served as a Pro bono attorney for many individuals who need legal representation. I have been an Advisory Board member of System of Care Chicago, a youth and family focused behavioral and mental health program to erase the stigma of mental health and to make mental health services more available to families and youth of Chicago. I also support the Lakeview Pantry and the Jason Foundation, a nationwide suicide awareness, prevention and education not for profit.

I served as an Administrative Law Judge for over 10 years, the last 7 with the Illinois Department of Human Services where I oversaw long term care cases, before returning to private practice. Prior to my appointment as an Administrative Law Judge, I was in private practice concentrating on police misconduct cases, personal injury cases, and criminal defense matters.
I can also tell you that this is the second time Casey has filed to run for judge. Casey withdrew from the 2020 primary. Moreover, I exhuasted the Pat or Pat shtick in my 2019 post on Casey's last campaign website.

Finally, I can report that Patrick A. Casey has been licensed to practice in Illinois since 2001, according to ARDC.

No comments: