Sunday, December 06, 2009

A comment on comments

I'm usually grateful for comments -- but not always.

I recently noticed this comment on an older post about a particular candidate (CAPS in original):
NOT ETHICAL,NOR PRACTICES INTEGRITY OR MORAL TURPETUDE IN HIS DEALINGS WITH THE PUBLIC AND EMPLOYEES. ITS UNFORTUNATE BECAUSE WE NEED FAIR IMPARTIAL JUDGES!
Don't bother looking for the original because I've taken it down. I don't want to become an accessory to drive-by character assassinations.

This blog allows for anonymous comments, but I strongly encourage anyone who leaves a comment to leave a name. I would think that this would be particularly important to someone who wants to leave a comment in an attempt to persuade voters that a candidate is unworthy of their trust. By the way, from what I've read on the subject, SHOUTING (which is what TYPING IN ALL CAPS is analogous to) is not particularly persuasive. In addition, it's rather hard to read....

---------------------------------------------------------------
Please note: I am not assuming responsibility for any content or comments here except that which I put up. I will do my best to police this site, but this is a spare-time activity for me and I may miss something.

No comments: