Friday, March 29, 2024

Cosgrove wins 11th Subcircuit seat; Przekota concedes


Audrey Victoria Cosgrove has won the race for the Democratic nomination for the Daleo vacancy in the 11th Subcircuit. She faces no Republican opponent in November.

Cosgrove's opponent, Kim Przekota, released a family photo and a statement on Facebook earlier today. I reproduce that statement in full here:
Although I was ahead on election night, I am now down 300+ votes with VBM counts nearly finished.

So, today I called my opponent, Audrey Cosgrove, to formally concede and congratulate her on winning the primary election. Thank you SO much to everyone who helped, encouraged, supported and voted for me! I am beyond grateful. Throughout this process I worked hard, learned a lot and met amazing new people. I am disappointed in the final outcome, but I am not discouraged about the future and I will continue to pursue my dream of becoming a judge. In the words of former Iona Coach Jimmy V, “failure and rejection are only the first step to succeeding.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Classy mature concession.