Thursday, November 09, 2023

Philip Fowler campaign website found online

Usually--and by 'usually' I mean every single time I can think of before today--in those cases where a person has been appointed to the bench, said person's picture on the eventual campaign website will be different from whatever photo I scrounged up (assuming I could find one) for the FWIW story announcing the appointment.

That's a link to Judge Philip Fowler's new campaign website in the preceding sentence (a link has also been added to the Sidebar on this site). If you click on said link you will see the same image displayed here... but I took this photo from my April 3 story announcing Fowler's appointment.

In fact, I spent some time this morning combing through my Archives... looking at the initial post... trying to figure out... did I find a Fowler website before today? Did I forget to include the link before today? I worry about such things. But I don't think I messed up. I think Judge Fowler likes the picture.

Fowler's campaign website touts his 35 years of experience prior to his judicial appointment, highlighting his practice "in the area of civil litigation, including personal injury, civil rights, and commercial law." It also mentions his defense of "the legal rights of wards of the Department of Children and Family Services" and his expertise in the fields of legal ethics and professional liability.

On a personal note, Fowler's website presents him as the son of a homemaker and truck driver, a graduate of St. Laurence High School in Burbank, and a hockey goalie. Fowler's campaign bio stresses his lifelong residence in the 4th Subcircuit. He and his wife have lived in La Grange for over 30 years, where they raised two children, according to the campaign bio.

His community involvement includes active participation with the La Grange Little League and the Citizens’ Council. According to his campaign bio, Fowler has also sat on the Foundation Board of Special Olympics Illinois, and on the boards of the International Organization for Adolescents (“IOFA”), which combats the human trafficking of teens worldwide, and the Catholic Lawyer’s Guild.

No comments: