Thursday, September 14, 2023

Auditions for CBA Bar Show set for Tuesday, September 26

When the kids were younger, I could make them distinctly uncomfortable merely by walking around the house belting out show tunes. I thought I did a mean Ethel Merman -- oddly enough, the kids disagreed -- but sing with me now -- There's no business like show business....

Aren't you glad now that I'm not doing podcasts?

Yet.

But, anyway, in order to maximize turnout for the auditions for this year's CBA Bar Show (f/k/a Christmas Spirits), I will solemnly promise not to show up. Talented people, however, are invited to turn out on Tuesday, September 26, at 6:00 p.m. Bring 16 bars that showcase your best vocal stylings; an accompanist will be provided.

To reserve a spot at the auditions, or for additional information, email the director, Marla Lampert, at marlalampert@icloud.com.

The forthcoming bar show, It's AI Wonderful Life will be staged January 12 and 13 at the Studebaker Theatre, 410 S. Michigan Ave.

No comments: