Sunday, September 02, 2007

Just to clarify: I am not running for anything in the upcoming election

I hope to continue writing here about the upcoming judicial primary (in Illinois generally and in Cook County in particular) in the weeks to come, so I suppose I should say, expressly, that I'm not running for any office this year.

This may be particularly necessary since some persons who will come across this site may remember that I have twice run for judge, once in the 10th Judicial Subcircuit of Cook County (in 1994) and then, two years later, for a countywide vacancy. In recounting these adventures, I like to emphasize that I did well with the bar associations (in terms of garnering positive ratings) -- because I certainly didn't do well with the actual voters.

I mention this merely to to explain my interest and to show that I identify with candidates now looking to "get the word out" about their own judicial campaigns.

No comments: