Monday, May 01, 2023

Four million page views -- and counting

Sometime yesterday, according to Blogger, this site achieved four million page views. Here's a screenshot of the relevant section of my dashboard, showing where the count stands as of this morning:
That number surely includes a lot of Russian bots.

But this exalted number also includes a fair number of actual readers and, to you, I say, thanks!

FWIW got its three-millionth page view in October 2020, about seven months into our initial two-week COVID-19 shutdown.

At the time (though obviously I did not admit it) I was a little bummed by the fact that, while it took 941 days for FWIW to go from 1,000,000 to 2,000,000 page views, it took 10 days longer -- 951 days -- to get from 2,000,000 to 3,000,000. Now, of course, I realize that everything dried up a bit during the Pandemic. Before I officially announced my retirement from the private practice of law, my practice just about entirely evaporated.

So I think it's probably a good thing that it took only 917 days to go from 3,000,000 to 4,000,000. All of that time was officially during the Pandemic, too. Which is why we had the last primary on Mel Brooks' Birthday instead of on or about the Feast of St. Patrick.

Since the Pandemic is now officially slated to end on May 11, I hope I get to 5,000,000 in far fewer than 917 days -- but, even with five new subcircuits, there are only so many people interested in Cook County judicial elections. So we shall see... and hopefully together. Thanks again for stopping by.

2 comments:

Alon Stein said...

Mazal Tov!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on over 4 million views without sleazy posts, fake controversies, or other ilk of the Interwebs getting you there.