Monday, May 01, 2023

Some links about running for judge generally that may be of interest to new visitors


This morning's article about FWIW reaching the four million page view milestone has generated a goodly number of clicks and a whole bunch of new Twitter followers (which, admittedly, was something I hoped might happen when I put it up).

The following links may be helpful and/or entertaining for at least some of any new visitors who happen by.

The list begins with a 2017 reminiscence about my ill-fated 1994 10th Subcircuit campaign (the picture above shows one of my billboards from that debacle -- and, yes, the reason you can't see the punch number on that billboard was because, in 1994, I did not know enough to include it). The other four links on this list are to posts I did in 2021, attempting to answer the should-I-just-throw-my-hat-in-the-ring question, including a retelling of my really dumb countywide bid in 1996, but also providing a little Chicago history along with some of the lessons I eventually learned in the 15 years (so far) that I have covered Cook County judicial elections on this site.

If you are not a new visitor, do not be alarmed: regular programming will resume here shortly.

Herewith, then, the list:
If you don't want to deal with all this clicking back and forth, you can always wait for the book which I keep trying to write. Actually, click now and remember to buy the book later....

No comments: