Friday, November 09, 2007

MacCarthy chooses Glowacki vacancy -- and other candidates' choices

Terry MacCarthy filed for four countywide vacancies initially, but withdrew from two the very next day. Now he's dropped his bid for the Nowicki vacancy: MacCarthy has decided to run for the Glowacki vacancy.

Assistant Public Defendant Gary G. Stanton, a lawyer since 1975, has dropped his bid for the Democratic nomination for the Ryan vacancy in the 13th Subcircuit. He will seek the Tobin Vacancy.

Solo practitioner Dominique C. Ross has chosen to run for the Additional Judgeship available in the 5th Subcircuit, today dropping her bid for the Bush vacancy.

Palatine solo Pamela Elizabeth Loza will focus on the race for the Democratic nomination to the Devlin vacancy in the 12th Subcircuit, dropping her bid today for the countywide Healy vacancy. Assistant State's Attorney Mary Beth Duffy has taken a different path, dropping her bid for the 'A' vacancy in the 15th Subcircuit and her bid for the Healy vacancy. That leaves her in the countywide race for the Keehan vacancy.

Sharon Finegan Patterson has narrowed her choices today, dropping from the races for the Montelione and Keehan vacancies. For now, however, she remains in the running for the Murphy and Glowacki vacancies countywide and in the 8th Subcircuit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dominique Collins-Ross first has to learn the basic tasks associated with being an attorney, such as, being on time to court, dressing professionally in a court setting, preparing before the hearing vs. relying on tainted client statements and representations, and turning off her cell phone in the courtroom.

She's got a long way to go first to be a competent attorney, let alone a judge. She won't ever get my vote. Ross is one of the least competent attorney's that I have ever experienced and not suitable for the judiciary.

Jack Leyhane said...

I don't want to become an accessory to anonymous personal attacks. I understand that people reading this blog will have information about particular candidates and not all of it will be favorable. I would hope, however, that, in future, if a person wishes to provide critical observations about a candidate, that person would have the courage and consideration to use his or her own name. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Cinderella certainly has the right to voice her opinion no matter how flawed, and obviously personally charged. Let me add that my experience has been quite the opposite of that of anonymous angry Cinderella. Ms. Ross is quite professional and a very good attorney. Perhaps Ms. Collins-Ross gave Cinderella a wrangling in court in a better looking suit. She will definitely get my vote!

Jack Leyhane said...

Anon -- thank you for your feedback.

I would never question "Cinderella's" right to voice her opinion -- but comments here are analogous, I think, to handbills posted on my front gate. It's my gate -- and if I leave the handbill posted a passerby might justifiably suppose that I supported the kind of message displayed. While I would hope that comments will be used for the exchange of information, I would also hope that future comments would have more light and less heat.

I assume that Cinderella's comment is an isolated event, but I am looking -- just in case -- at how anonymous 'attack' comments are handled elsewhere.