Monday, August 21, 2023

Friday, August 25: Jack Carey Memorial Scholarship Baseball Game

The way my beloved White Sox are playing this season, I can well understand that anyone might need a strong incentive to endure a game in person.

But some present and former attorneys in the Cook County Public Defender's Office are offering one such incentive, raising money for the Jack Carey Memorial Scholarship Fund on Friday, August 25, when the White Sox play the Oakland A's. The fund benefits volunteer law clerks in the PD's office.

The cost is $75, which includes the game ticket, including the 90s Night postgame festivities. There is no truth to the rumor that you don't have to go if you pay $150. What you pay, and what you give, is up to you, especially if you know how to use Zelle. Which I don't. Fortunately, there's an email address on the flyer above -- TreasurerLOCAL3315@gmail.com -- which probably has something to do with this Zelle business, but which probably can also be used by the technologically challenged to sort out how to pay to join the group. Or, if you know any of the persons whose names are on the flyer, perhaps one of them can steer you around this Zelle business.

Perhaps they can even explain to you how to download and use the e-ticket to the game. I've managed to get to a few games since the Sox abandoned real tickets, and I'm always amazed at how I get in with my phone alone. But I never seem to do it the same way twice.

No comments: