Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Found on the Internet: Campaign website of James Murphy-Aguilú

A campaign website has been launched in support of Judge James Murphy-Aguilú's countywide judicial bid. That's a link to the site in the preceding sentence; a link has been added to the Sidebar on this site as well.

Appointed to a 10th Subcircuit by the Illinois Supreme Court earlier this year, Murphy-Aguilú was recently slated by the Cook County Democratic Party to run for a countywide vacancy. His campaign bio leads with this anecdote, "Born in Madison, Wisconsin, I followed my wife Melissa, a Chicago native, to the big city after law school. On my first day, while studying for the bar exam at a neighborhood library, I met Mayor Richard Daley and I knew this is where I would forge my path."

More substantively, the campaign bio notes that Murphy-Aguilú began his career in the Cook County State's Attorney's Office. He also served as Deputy Chief of Investigations for the Civilian Office of Police Accountability before becoming Chief of Staff to Clerk of the Circuit Court Iris Y. Martinez, his last position before his judicial appointment.

No comments: