Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Aside to the person who keeps leaving the comment, "Or you could just run"

Nearly everyone who comments on this site, or tries to, is named "Anonymous." But it is possible, sometimes, to discern particular individuals in this sea of anonymity, even if they can not be specifically identified.

One of these is the person who keeps leaving the comment, "Or you could just run." He or she leaves it on every post, no matter the subject matter, and, if I am not quick enough to pass the comment through, he or she will leave it again... and again... and again... on the same post.

I've printed the comment several times now, on several posts. But it's getting old.

I recognize, of course, that your message is not directed to me, but rather to the judicial wannabes who consult this site as part of their exploration of this possible career path. And I guess your point is that running for the office is the best way for a judicial hopeful to control his or her destiny. You may actually believe that the associate judge process, and the scrutiny of the CBA and the baker's dozen bar groups of the Alliance, are merely potholes and roadblocks on the road to a robe.

But I'm guessing that you're really selling something. Presumably your own services as a campaign consultant. Guru. Maven. Whatever.

I'm a little unclear on how you expect those that are persuaded to take the plunge by your simple, but direct, advice to beat a path to your door. Perhaps my little site is just a minor prong in your multi-faceted marketing strategy. I guess I don't care: Just buy an ad.

Persons peddling products and services aimed at judicial candidates have been invited to buy ads on this site since about forever -- check out the blog Sidebar, you'll find the notice -- while I reserve the right to edit or reject ad copy, for a one-time fee per insertion, I'll run your ad, in a distinctive typeface, clearly labeled as an ad, right here, with all the rest of the posts on this site. Available for as long as this site is up and running.

I haven't put a per-insertion price in the Sidebar because I've increased the price from election cycle to election cycle. However, between now and Labor Day, Or-you-could-just-run person, I will charge you -- or anyone else who wants to buy an ad -- $250 per insertion. Email me at jackleyhane@yahoo.com with any questions or to make arrangements to run your ad. Or ads.

Comments will be turned off on advertising posts if for no other reason than to keep your competitors from trying to run you down therein. My mother always said that you don't make your own candle shine brighter by blowing out someone else's. So... competitors of Or-you-could-just-run person, you could buy ads here, too, and make your own pitches.

Granted, $250 is a lot of money. But you're reaching a very specific, select audience here -- as you already know, Or-you-could-just-run person.

And you also know that a well-placed ad can bring dramatic results, a lesson reenforced recently by the case of the 90-year old California man whose two ads in the Wall Street Journal complaining about his Internet service brought personal apologies from the President of AT&T and, more importantly, the long-promised service upgrade.

But those ads cost $10,000. My ads are far less expensive. And do you really need a phone call from the President of AT&T?