Friday, November 22, 2019

Conway free breakfast meet and greet tomorrow

This appears to be the kind of event that I say I will publicize -- but I very seldom get the chance to do so.

Marcia O'Brien Conway is appearing at a breakfast meet and greet tomorrow morning, Saturday, November 23, at 9:30 a.m., at the Greater Rock Missionary Baptist Church, 718 S. Independence.

Persons interested in attending are asked to email info@marciaobrienconway.com to RSVP or to obtain more information. I reproduce a poster touting the event herewith.


This appears to be an event designed to give actual voters a chance to meet a real candidate and to hear her perspective, at least, about what judges do and their importance in our system.

Voter education.

And let me take this opportunity to remind readers that I am pleased to do more than give notice of candidate fundraisers. I will publicize meet and greets like this one for any candidate who asks. I would particularly like to publicize candidate forums where multiple candidates, especially competing candidates, are invited to appear. Please give me as much advance notice as you can because, due to work or family concerns, I can not always put up events immediately. Church groups, school groups, garden clubs, and neighborhood associations, please copy.

However... in looking at this poster, I was struck by the logo in the lower right-hand corner: Interfaith Illinois.

If this were a full-time, professional venture instead of an often haphazard amateur service project, I would be able, perhaps, to tell you what Interfaith Illinois is.

A lot of groups with significant-sounding names pop up during election season like dandelions in the Spring. Some come back for another cycle or two; many burst on the scene only once and then fade away.

A little Internet sleuthing today shows a website that may be related -- but it hasn't been updated in a half dozen years or so. There is a Facebook page, too, and it uses the same logo as on this poster -- but the last entries on this page are from 2014. I couldn't find a corporate listing for Interfaith Illinois on the Secretary of State's website and I could not find any political action committee with that name on the ISBE website.

Professional researchers like Frank Calabrese might scoff at the limitations of my detective skills. I can live with that.

I'm reaching out to the Conway campaign this morning to see if they can provide any more information about Interfaith Illinois. I'll update this post as necessary if I hear anything back. Meanwhile, if any of you smart readers out there can enlighten me on this, please send me an email at jackleyhane@yahoo.com or leave a comment. If I can run this one down, I will update.

Thanks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

EXPLAIN YOURSELF FRANK CALABRESE! HOW DARE YOU SCOFF AT JACK!

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait to attend this one. I bet I will see lots of familiar faces. I will reserve final judgment until I have more information, Jack. But man, do I have some serious suspicions about this event. I predicted that this was going to be a wild year, Jack. It was quiet for so long, but now it's about to pop.

Anonymous said...

Funniest line in the history of this blog, "Professional researchers like Frank Calabrese."

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a Sean Tenner front.