Thursday, October 03, 2019

James J. Knibbs declares 3rd Subcircuit candidacy

There's no campaign website as of yet, or even a campaign Facebook page, but, in a Facebook announcement, James J. Knibbs has declared that he intends to seek a 3rd Subcircuit vacancy in the 2020 Primary.

Knibbs has decided not to challenge either of the two already-appointed judges who are also running in the 3rd Subcircuit (there are three vacancies there). Quoting now from the Facebook post,
I know that many of my FB friends are supporting the campaigns of our mutual friends, Judge Daniel Maloney, and Judge Erin Haggerty Antonietti. I am not running against Dan or Erin, both of whom I had the privilege to work with both in the Cook County State's Attorney's Office. Judge Dan Maloney and Judge Erin Haggerty Antonietti are excellent Circuit Court Judges, and I am fully supportive of their candidacies in their respective races.
Licensed in Illinois since 1985, according to ARDC, Knibbs is currently of counsel to Foran Glennon Palandech Ponzi & Rudloff PC. In addition to his experience in the State's Attorney's Office, Knibbs' firm bio notes that his career achievements include "a $26 million subrogation recovery arising out of a utility plant collapse; several million-dollar plus subrogation recoveries; a $1 million-plus settlement for his clients in a fraudulent land sale involving a Chicago college[;] numerous successful arson, fraud and other coverage matters[;] a not guilty verdict in a U.S.C. Section 1983 on behalf of nine Chicago Police Officers; and the successful defense of a State Representative in a defamation trial." The firm bio also notes his experience as an adjunct instructor at Loyola University Chicago Law School.

1 comment:

knibbsforjudge.com said...

Thank you for your post on my candidacy. I am humbled and grateful for the opportunity to run for Circuit Judge. I do not claim to be the best trial lawyer in town, or the most well-known, but do believe trial and litigation experience matters.

I have tried civil jury trials on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants in Cook County, U.S.D.C.-N.D. Illinois, and in Ohio and Michigan. As a prosecutor, I tried cases ranging from traffic and misdemeanors to murders and sex crimes. As a criminal defense attorney, I have tried cases from traffic and misdemeanor to murder cases. I taught trial advocacy for several years at Loyola University (Chicago) Law School.

At age 59, with 34 years of civil and criminal experience, and with my four "kids" now adults, I am hopeful to have the opportunity to work hard, do my best, and use my legal experience as a Cook County Circuit Court Judge. Jim Knibbs