Saturday, December 30, 2017

Preston Jones, Jr.: In his own words

Preston Jones, Jr. is a candidate for the countywide Flanagan vacancy. His punch number is 136.


I was appointed to the bench by the Illinois Supreme Court on September 25, 2017, which has been the greatest honor of my career. I am currently assigned to the First Municipal Division hearing traffic cases. I have been found Highly Qualified by the Chicago Bar Association: “Mr. Jones has extensive trial experience and is well regarded for his knowledge of the law, legal ability, work ethic, and outstanding temperament.” I have been found qualified or recommended by all bar associations in the Alliance of Bar Associations. I am endorsed by the Cook County Democratic Party for the countywide Flanagan Vacancy.

I was an assistant public defender in Cook County for 23 years, and spent the last 13 as a member of our office’s most elite unit: homicide task force. I have tried dozens of jury trials and countless bench trials involving the most complex aspects of criminal law. I have litigated everything from misdemeanors to death penalty cases. My experience as a public defender has given me the legal skills needed to excel on the bench, and the wisdom to know that there are two sides to every story and that each case is as unique as each litigant. I have always treated my clients, coworkers, and colleagues with respect. My career as an assistant public defender has taught me patience and honed my empathy so that I am fair, just, and kind regardless of the circumstances.

I received my BA in History and JD from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I am a proud father and coach my kids’ various sports teams including AYSO VIP soccer for physically and developmentally disabled boys and girls.

I hope to earn your trust and your vote on March 20, 2018.

For more information, please visit my website or Facebook page:
www.prestonjonesforjudge.com
@PrestonJonesforJudge

--------------------------------------------------------
Click here to return to Organizing the Data: Countywide Flanagan Vacancy

No comments: