Thursday, October 22, 2020

Please send in palm cards -- here's one from the 41st Ward

People -- always named Anonymous, of course -- are offering comments to this blog about this judge being left off the palm card in that ward, or that Judge So-and-So is a "no" in XYZ Township or in these three wards. I've run a couple of these so far, albeit reluctantly. I can't verify the assertions and there's no way to hold "Anonymous" accountable for any inaccurate assertions.

In fact---you may have heard this---some people just flat out make stuff up and try and spread it on the Internet. Like manure on a field, sometimes it helps stuff to grow. Of course, what takes root in the field may be good for you. What takes root on the Internet is often just more manure.

Anyway, the group that posted this card on Facebook noted (with some alarm) the absence of State's Attorney Kim Foxx. If I can judge by the lawn signs I see on my daily walks in the 41st Ward, Ms. Foxx is not going to poll well here. So I assume the omission was not accidental.

As Tip O'Neill said, all politics is local.

What's the story in your locality? Don't tell me about it -- show me -- as the young people may actually still say, 'pics or it didn't happen.' Send scans or pictures of palm cards you'd like to share to FWIW at jackleyhane@yahoo.com. And thanks for sharing.

P.S. -- If you'd like credit, don't hesitate to ask. And, if you prefer to remain Anonymous, I'll try to pretend to be unsurprised, but I'll respect your wishes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay okay. But how do we anonymously send our Palm Cards to you? Because I have the goods to back up my assertions, Mr. Leyhane.

Jack Leyhane said...

Send it to my email. I will respect your anonymity, as stated in the post.

Anonymous said...

And your email is . . . .

Jack Leyhane said...

Linked in the post above AND always in the Sidebar. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Fire. Them. All.

ChicagoGrrrl said...

Im in the 39th and am a YES for Foxx

Anonymous said...

Kim Foxx is a liar. She claims to be progressive, but just pays lip service to black people unless they are stars, or B-List stars. No, Kim, Jurnee will not invite you to the Golden Globes next year when Lovecraft Country sweeps in all categories. Foxx will win a second term and then will be ushered out of office ala Alverez in 2024.

Anonymous said...

Too bad.