Wednesday, January 11, 2017

February 8 deadline set for applications for Cook County Associate Judge

Attorneys interested in applying for Associate Judge have until 5:00 p.m. on February 8, 2017 in which to submit their applications (emailed applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on February 8).

Seven AJ vacancies currently exist, according to the Notice from Cook County Chief Judge Timothy C. Evans now running in the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin. There will almost certainly be more before this current process concludes.

I believe this marks the first time where applications may be submitted electronically. Two different forms of the application for the Cook County vacancies are available on this page of the Illinois Courts website (don't download the DuPage County form by mistake). Forms are also available from the Chief Judge's Office or from the Chicago office of the Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts, 222 N. LaSalle Street, 13th Floor. Completed applications which are not emailed can be returned to the Chicago AOIC office.

Anyone who's ever submitted one of these applications will see the humor in this statement (from the official announcement, so help me): "Applications will not be accepted if submitted via facsimile."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just looked at the application download page. I'm someone who does not keep up with the latest fads, so my kids often laugh at me. For the last two months I thought my daughter had a new friend because she ended phone calls saying "Bye Felicia." When I heard my youngest daughter utter this phrase, I found out that it is a pop culture reference. They tried to explain it me, but I admit I didn't get it.

This week in the news, I again learned interesting phrases and conduct in reference to a Trump visit abroad.

So after hearing this news about Trump, and then reading the court's AJ web page, I want to make sure I don't make a mistake that may disqualify me and have me brought before the ARDC.

So, what does a "wet signature" mean? Do I need to go to Russia to do this?