Thursday, October 21, 2010

Stanley L. Hill appointed to Circuit Court bench

The Illinois Supreme Court has appointed Chicago attorney Stanley L. Hill to a Cook County Circuit Court vacancy created by the retirement of Judge Claudia Grace Conlon.

Hill's appointment is effective December 15, 2010 and will terminate December 3, 2012.

Currently, Hill is the principal of the West Loop firm of Stanley L. Hill & Associates, P.C.. A 1973 graduate of the University of Michigan Law School, Hill got his undergraduate degree in 1970 from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University. Hill is a former president of and current member of the Board of Directors of Ada S. McKinley Community Services, Inc. He is also a yachtsman, presently serving as Rear Commodore of the Chicago Yachting Association.

1 comment:

James E. Lawson said...

Stanley: I am very proud of the accomplishments you have made in your life and career. My name is James E. Lawson. I was raised in the same neighborhood as yourself. My family lived at 422 e. 40th street. I also attended Wendell Phillips High. I graduated in 1967. I knew your brother Wilbur. We attended Phillips at the same time.I know reside in Memphis, Tn. After retiring from the State of Illinois dept. of Children and Family Services, my wife, who is a native of Memphis decided to relocate to a warmer climate. (smile.). Again I applaud you for your achivements. I know your mother was very proud of you. It just goes to show the youth of today, from humble beginnings much can be accomplished by putting in the work that is reaquired to become a productive citizen.
thank you
James E. Lawson
jlofton0331@comcast.com