Friday, January 27, 2023

Jennifer Barron appointed to DuPage County vacancy

The Illinois Supreme Court today appointed Naperville attorney Jennifer L. Barron to an at-large vacancy on the Circuit Court of DuPage County, a vacancy created by the recent appointment of Judge Linda E. Davenport to the Third District Appellate Court.

The appointment is effective February 15 and expires on December 2, 2024.

A solo practitioner, Barron has operated as Barron Legal Ltd. since 2017. She has also been of counsel to the Law Offices of Lynn D. Dowd since 2004 and has worked as a pro bono attorney for Prairie State Legal Services since 2015. Ms. Barron’s previous experience includes serving as a partner at Boyle & Barron, Ltd. (formerly Charles A. Boyle & Associates, Ltd.), and as an associate at Cozen O'Connor P.C. She has been licensed to practice law in Illinois since 1995. The Supreme Court's press release is available at this link.

That's the news, presented as I usually cover these things, although regular FWIW readers will no doubt object that I don't usually cover judicial comings or goings outside the boundaries of our beloved County Cook.

But I have my reasons: I was sharing office space with Charles A. "Pat" Boyle in 2001 when I first met Jennifer Barron. She's a really good attorney and I have every expectation that she will do a great job on the DuPage County bench. She tried a med mal case once for Pat in which the jury actually asked the Paul Newman Question (i.e., "can we give the plaintiff more than she asked for?") (I realize that Millenials and Zoomers may have to Google the reference, but it will be worth their while). And because I've worked with Lynn Dowd on a number of matters over the years, I have personal knowledge of some great work that Barron has done for Dowd.

So I could not let this occasion pass, even if it is a tad outside the usual purview of this site. Since this appointment is safely outside Cook County, I trust my reputation for neutrality will not be irreparably damaged if I also publicly offer my congratulations to Ms. Barron... and I do so herewith.

No comments: