The CBA and Alliance judicial evaluation processes will be explained, sitting judges "will address the various paths to the bench in Cook County," and two federal judges and representatives from the offices of Senators Durbin and Kirk will discuss how appointments to the federal bench get made.
Speakers will include:
The seminar is not only free, but offers 3.0 Professional Responsibility CLE Credits. But seating is limited and registration is required. Interested persons need to RSVP as soon as possible to DIVERSITY@hinshawlaw.com. The seminar is sponsored by the Hinshaw LGBT Affinity Network and ISBA Mutual.
- Illinois Supreme Court Justice Mary Jane Theis;
- Appellate Court Justice Jesse Reyes;
- Circuit Court Judges John H. Ehrlich and Colleen F. Sheehan;
- Associate Judge Linda Pauel;
- U.S. District Court Judge Sara L. Ellis;
- Magistrate Judge Mary Rowland;
- Joyce Williams of the ISBA (and the Alliance Administrator);
- Susan Horn, Co-Chair of the Decalogue Society of Lawyers JEC and Co-Chair of the Alliance Executive Committee;
- Jeff Finke, former General Chair of the CBA JEC;
- Dan Swanson, Senior Counsel, Office of Sen. Dick Durbin;
- Peter V. Baugher, Chair of the Sen. Mark Kirk's Judicial Advisory Board;
- Justin Mulaire, EEOC trial attorney; and
- Susana Darwin, Co-Chair, LAGBAC JEC.