As is customary in these cases there will be a written disposition explaining the Appellate Court's reasoning... but not right away. The news now, however, is that, in an order entered this afternoon, the Appellate Court has affirmed the Circuit Court's order reversing the Cook County Officers Electoral Board's decision. Judges Carolyn Gallagher and Leonard Murray are back on the March primary ballot... subject to possible review by the Illinois Supreme Court.
Possible... but unlikely... of course, if I could predict the future, I'd pick this weekend's Powerball numbers and retire in style. So I'm not predicting. I am merely saying that, looking at past history, the odds are that no further review is likely. More to come... when more is available.
Eisenhower on the glaring deficiencies of citizen education... in the years
before World War II
-
I have to set this up, but I'll be quick.
I recently finished Jonathan W. Jordan's *Ike and Winston*, and it
rekindled my interest in reading Eisenhower's...
23 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment