Five Democratic candidates filed for the countywide McCarthy vacancy in the special filing period that closed November 23. Each of the five candidates, including the party-slated candidate, Assistant Public Defender Daniel J. Gallagher, drew objections to their nominating petitions. The objections against Gallagher's papers were withdrawn. Jessica A. O'Brien, James P. Piezonka and Brad Trowbridge all withdrew their candidacies on Tuesday, according to the State Board of Elections website. The only other candidate, besides Gallagher, Paul Martin McMahon, was removed from the ballot this morning.
Gallagher may be unopposed in the primary, but he will have the distinction of being the only Democratic candidate for judge in Cook County to have to face a Republican in November: Maureen Masterson Pulia and Michaela Nolan Ryan both filed as Republicans in this race.
Eisenhower on the glaring deficiencies of citizen education... in the years
before World War II
-
I have to set this up, but I'll be quick.
I recently finished Jonathan W. Jordan's *Ike and Winston*, and it
rekindled my interest in reading Eisenhower's...
23 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment