Don't blame me: The organizers of next Tuesday's fundraiser for Judge Owens J. Shelby were the ones who suggested that ugly sweaters might be worn to the event, which will be held from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m., at 345 Art Gallery, 345 N. Kedzie. As proof, I offer the invite, reproduced above (and linked here).
Shelby is a candidate for the 7th Subcircuit vacancy he now holds by appointment.
Illinois House Speaker Emanuel "Chris" Welch is the guest host for this event.
The suggested individual ticket price is $125. Sponsorships are availble (Silver - $250, Gold - $500, Platinum - $1,000 or more). Tickets will be available at the door (checks should be made payable to Friends for Owens J. Shelby). Donations can be also made via the Donations button on the candidate's website.
Eisenhower on the glaring deficiencies of citizen education... in the years
before World War II
-
I have to set this up, but I'll be quick.
I recently finished Jonathan W. Jordan's *Ike and Winston*, and it
rekindled my interest in reading Eisenhower's...
23 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment