It's been a busy few weeks for Preston Jones, Jr. Slated for the countywide Flanagan vacancy by the Cook County Democratic Party just a month ago, Jones was subsequently appointed to the Flanagan vacancy by the Illinois Supreme Court. (He gets sworn in on September 25.)
In the meantime, his supporters have set up a campaign website on his behalf. (That's a link to the site in the preceding sentence, if you haven't figured out the pattern yet, and, yes, there's a link posted in the blog Sidebar as well.) And his supporters have also planned a fundraiser for their candidate, on Wednesday, September 27, from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m., at the Plymouth Restaurant & Rooftop Bar, 327 South Plymouth Court. Tickets for the event are $100 apiece and can be obtained by clicking on this link.
Eisenhower on the glaring deficiencies of citizen education... in the years
before World War II
-
I have to set this up, but I'll be quick.
I recently finished Jonathan W. Jordan's *Ike and Winston*, and it
rekindled my interest in reading Eisenhower's...
23 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment