FWIW readers already know that Justice Shelly A. Harris would be filing to keep his seat on the Appellate Court and that the Cook County Democratic Party had bypassed him in favor of Judge (and former 6th Ward Alderman) Freddrenna M. Lyle.
But two additional candidates filed for this vacancy when the doors opened this morning at the ISBE, Judge Susan Kennedy Sullivan (elected to the Circuit Court in 2010) and Assistant State's Attorney Nichole C. Patton. Patton ran for the Circuit Court countywide in 2012 and from the 15th Subcircuit in 2010. As of this morning, her campaign website indicated an apparent intent to try again for the Circuit Court, and that was how I reported Patton's probable candidacy in August. At this point, it appears there may have been a change in plans.
Eisenhower on the glaring deficiencies of citizen education... in the years
before World War II
-
I have to set this up, but I'll be quick.
I recently finished Jonathan W. Jordan's *Ike and Winston*, and it
rekindled my interest in reading Eisenhower's...
23 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment