Lawyers Lend-A-Hand is looking for lawyers to tutor students from two public charter elementary schools, the Montessori School of Englewood and the Betty Shabazz Academy in the Greater Grand Crossing Community.
Tutoring would take place at the Chicago Bar Association, 321 S. Plymouth Ct., on Tuesday evenings during the school year, from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. Students would be transported to and from the CBA Building by bus.
The in-person tutoring sessions will focus on reading and writing skills. Lend-A-Hand provides a curriculum, learning materials, and training for volunteer tutors.
For more information about the program, or to sign up for a training session, email Kathryn McCabe at kmccabe@lawyerslendahand.org.
Eisenhower on the glaring deficiencies of citizen education... in the years
before World War II
-
I have to set this up, but I'll be quick.
I recently finished Jonathan W. Jordan's *Ike and Winston*, and it
rekindled my interest in reading Eisenhower's...
23 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment