According to the Illinois State Board of Elections website, Tom Courtney withdrew his candidacy yesterday from the race for the countywide Johnson vacancy.
FWIW readers will recall that Peter Martin Kramer withdrew from this race earlier this week.
But there still remain a considerable number of candidates for this vacancy, including Gregory Raymond LaPapa, Sean S. Chaudhuri, Mark Lyon, Carolyn J. Gallagher, Cassandra Goodrum-Burton, Bonnie Carol McGrath, and John P. Carroll still in the race. All of these remaining candidates, however, with the exception of Chaudhuri, the Democratic Party's 'pre-slated' candidate for this late-opening vacancy, face one or more challenges to their nominating petitions.
Eisenhower on the glaring deficiencies of citizen education... in the years
before World War II
-
I have to set this up, but I'll be quick.
I recently finished Jonathan W. Jordan's *Ike and Winston*, and it
rekindled my interest in reading Eisenhower's...
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment