Judge Gregory Emmet Ahern, Jr., who was appointed late last year to the countywide Neville vacancy, has announced plans to run for election in the 2014 Democratic primary. That's a link to Ahern's campaign website in the preceding sentence; the campaign also has a Facebook page up and running.
Ahern was a candidate for the 6th Subcircuit vacancy in the 2012 primary. At the time of his appointment to the bench, Ahern was serving as a Cook County Assistant State's Attorney. Ahern's campaign website notes that, while an ASA, he prosecuted more than 50 felony trials, including more than 25 first degree murder cases.
Eisenhower on the glaring deficiencies of citizen education... in the years
before World War II
-
I have to set this up, but I'll be quick.
I recently finished Jonathan W. Jordan's *Ike and Winston*, and it
rekindled my interest in reading Eisenhower's...
23 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment