Judge Michael R. Clancy, appointed by the Illinois Supreme Court to the O'Brien vacancy in the 11th Subcircuit, will keep his seat. He fended off a strong challenge from Maureen A. Murphy, Senior Counsel for the Archdiocese of Chicago, garnering 9,193 votes to Murphy's 8,244. These are not official figures, but the City is reporting only one of 146 precincts still uncounted and the County Clerk advises that all 123 suburban precincts of the 11th Subcircuit have been counted.
Maritza Martinez and Roger Zamparo were also in this race.
Lisa Ann Marino got strong numbers in the City of Chicago, giving her an insurmountable lead over nearest challenger Pamela McLean Meyerson, 12,879 votes to 6,845 in the unofficial combined totals.
Deborah J. Fortier and Jennifer A. Blanc were also in this race.
Clancy and Marino were the candidates slated by local Democratic Party officials.
Eisenhower on the glaring deficiencies of citizen education... in the years
before World War II
-
I have to set this up, but I'll be quick.
I recently finished Jonathan W. Jordan's *Ike and Winston*, and it
rekindled my interest in reading Eisenhower's...
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment