WBBM Radio reports today about HB4520, a bill introduced by Chicago Rep. Kenneth Dunkin (D-5).
Dunkin's bill would make it a petty offense (punishable by a fine of up to $25) for a pedestrian to use a wireless telephone "while crossing a roadway."
The article posted on the Newsradio 780 Website suggests that Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White takes also takes credit for the idea.
Apparently the concern is that distracted pedestrians may wander into the street without looking -- but, surprisingly, given that concern, arguing with a fellow pedestrian, listening to music on headphones, or thinking about what's on the afternoon schedule aren't included on the list of activities to be proscribed while crossing the street.
Yet.
Eisenhower on the glaring deficiencies of citizen education... in the years
before World War II
-
I have to set this up, but I'll be quick.
I recently finished Jonathan W. Jordan's *Ike and Winston*, and it
rekindled my interest in reading Eisenhower's...
3 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment