This January 4 story from England's Daily Telegraph came to my attention via this story on techradar.com.
A young woman in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia was murdered -- beaten and shot, according to the newspaper article -- by her outraged father because she was chatting with a young man that she met on Facebook. (That last link will take you to the "Arab Media & Society" site linked from the Daily Telegraph website.)
Although I diligently followed the links in the various articles cited, I have yet to see any reference to the father being charged with any sort of a crime.
Eisenhower on the glaring deficiencies of citizen education... in the years
before World War II
-
I have to set this up, but I'll be quick.
I recently finished Jonathan W. Jordan's *Ike and Winston*, and it
rekindled my interest in reading Eisenhower's...
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment