Thursday, August 06, 2026

Lucky 13: Supreme Court gives 13 unopposed candidates a head start on their judicial careers

The Illinois Supreme Court has given 13 unopposed Cook County judicial candidates a head start on their judicial careers. In a series of orders entered today, the Supreme Court has appointed
to the vacancies to which these individuals will be elected come November. With the exception of the order appointing Sam Bae, which I could not find, best efforts notwithstanding, the appointment orders are each linked, above; the Supreme Court's press release announcing the appointments can be found here. (I'll amend the post to include Bae's appointment order when I can find it.)

Each of these appointments is effective Monday, August 10. Each will terminate when these appointees are sworn in to their full terms in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are once again permitted on this blog but, for crying out loud, please be civil. Comment moderation remains in effect. The management reserves its right to refuse to publish comments.