Judge Matthew E. Coghlan, abandoned by the Democratic Party in his retention bid, the focus of a very vocal Coalition to Dump Matt Coghlan, seems to be in serious trouble in early returns. With 28.61% of the City votes counted, Coghlan has 'yes' votes from only 51.01% of the electorate.
A judge must receive 'yes' votes from more than 60% of the voters in order to be retained in office.
By way of comparison, with the same number of votes counted, Judge Moshe Jacobius has 75.83% favorable votes.
Caveat: These are City-only results. Nothing is yet showing up on the Cook County Clerk's website, where suburban results are posted.
Eisenhower on the glaring deficiencies of citizen education... in the years
before World War II
-
I have to set this up, but I'll be quick.
I recently finished Jonathan W. Jordan's *Ike and Winston*, and it
rekindled my interest in reading Eisenhower's...
23 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment